ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - AUTOMATED MATERIALS HANDLING
The company is a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning for the automated materials handling sector. They have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for over 20 years and over this time have become a specialist in automated sortation systems.
We are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team at our business with an experienced Control Panel Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems. On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of our projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
• Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
• Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
• Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
• Procurement of electrical equipment including control panels and field devices
• Liaise with suppliers on technical matters
• Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
• Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files
• Participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings
• Providing technical support to other departments, as required
• To understand and apply relevant design, regulatory and industrial standards
• Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a demanding but rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
• Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or related relevant discipline
• Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning within an automation-based industry, ideally within the automated warehouse industry
• Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives
• Familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems
• Familiar with industrial sensor technology, both digital and analogue, and interfacing of the same to the control system(s) either directly or via appropriate fieldbus IO standards
• Previous use of CAD tools, (AutoCAD, EPLAN)
• Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
• Familiar with the latest safety systems and standards
• Conversant with AutoCAD, E-plan, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook
• Competitive salary based on experience level and qualifications • Flexi time working
• Health insurance
• Employer pension contribution
• Performance based bonus
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.