EXPORT SALES MANAGER - METROLOGY
Export Sales Manager - principle job purpose is to understand, plan and implement export strategies consistent with the overall aims and requirements of the Business. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be an experienced, results orientated export sales professional who can drive success and exceed sales budget.
Educated to degree level or equivalent with Mechanical Engineering / Design background. Metrology experience a distinct advantage. Experienced export sales professional with proven account management and commercial skills. Proven track record in building new business through export distribution. Proven track record in export sales growth. Sales analysis and management reporting skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other language skills an advantage. Ability and willingness to be trained to provide 'hands on' technical product support both remotely and at customer site. Experience of managing a budget, KPI's and strategy planning. Experienced in product installations and customer / distributor training an advantage. Ability to communicate and work well at all levels with a high degree of autonomy. Self-confident with ability to adjust to fast changing business conditions. Result oriented / Target driven. Self-motivated and enthusiastic. A good organiser with the ability to work under pressure. Persuasive with good negotiating skills. All export experience considered but specific experience in either Russia, Asia, Middle East & India a distinct advantage. Regular international travel (minimum of 20% to 30% is anticipated). Full UK Valid Driving Licence. Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CAD). Located convenient to West Sussex.
1. Plan and implement export sales strategy consistent with overall aims and requirements of the business
2. Ensure strategically aligned plans for the development of new and emerging markets;
3. Review existing distributor performance and set distributor targets;
4. Appoint new distributors as appropriate;
5. Utilise technical knowledge and sales skills to provide sales and applications support to export distributors;
6. Provide technical product training and supporting material;
7. Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to export activities;
8. Review distribution contracts as required to enable effective trading, operations and customer/supplier relations;
9. Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education to export distributors;
10. Prepare and submit applications reports and technical quotations;
11. Meet regular sales targets and analyse product group performance;
12. Prepare and submit relevant export sales management reports in a timely and accurate manner;
13. Communicate with export related authorities, and customers / suppliers / distributors, in all relevant territories and countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations are maintained;
14. Research and report on future changes in export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the export strategy, resources and procedures;
15. Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Group Marketing team for successful execution of Trade Shows, including Group-led and Distributor managed Shows;
16. Manage language and communications translation issues and activities as necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of imported/exported material, product, equipment within the supply chain of importer and exporter, (for example handling instructions, operating manuals, product training, etc.);
17. Be committed to undertake extensive / regular travel to successfully execute business requirements.
£45k Plus Package
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.