MECHANICAL / DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERS - PUMPS / VACUUM EQUIPMENT
Our client is a market leading manufacturer of packaged rotating machinery for the oil & gas, semiconductor and industrial markets.
Degree (or equivalent industry experience) - Mechanical Engineering
Experience in a similar R&D / Development role
Strong 2D &3D software skills (SolidWorks, Pro-Engineer etc)
Ability to produce innovative design solutions to client problems
work with the projects / sales team to introduce new products to market.
1. Work in a complex product development projects. Create state of the art products meeting our customers expectations. Develop detailed plans and work breakdown structures. Ensure that the designs meet all the technical requirements on performance and reliability. Take into account design for manufacturing techniques to meet the products low cost targets.
3. Identify and resolve resource planning issues across projects, suggest changes in the organization of work and identify and resolve potential issues and hotspots to ensure the smooth functioning of the projects to ensure projects are delivered to time and budget.
4. Produce documentation on novel systems, solutions and projects according to standards, producing documentation and test reports as necessary and publishing them on internal systems so that they can be retrieved by other interested parties when required and published outside of Edwards if required.
5. Carry out testing in house and on site for novel solutions, resolving problems as they arise, to provide intended test data and reports from experimental design and then determine necessary next actions from the results, making appropriate recommendations.
6. Undertake complex analysis of test data from own work or others and other research to derive conclusions and recommendations or further actions and establish necessary subsequent investigations.
7. Develops new ideas and solutions to improve practices and procedures within the team. Provides technical guidance/supervision to less experienced staff.
8. Ensure that all areas under their direct control are conducted and work in a safe and effective manner in compliance with the Company's Health and Safety policy.
Excellent basic salary plus benefits.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.