APPLICATIONS DESIGN ENGINEER - CONVEYORS
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Midlands company involved in providing industries throughout the UK with integrated materials handling solutions. These industries range from warehouse/ecommerce/distribution/logistics through to pharmaceutical, food and drink manufacturers handling anything from small cartons and bags up to two tonne pallets.
• Must be experienced in materials handling / Intralogistics industry
• Design capabilities
• Electrical / controls knowledge preferred but not essential
• Proficient in Autocad
• Use of Microsoft software (excel, word, project etc).
• Pro-active and positive attitude.
• Methodical and detailed approach
• Work within a team
• Work with sales team and client to establish project flow/requirements
• Meeting with customers on sales visits and conducting site reviews/survey
• Provide sales support
• Responsible for the design at concept stage to provide a functional -working system solution layout, incorporating/specifying the equipment selection to meet the project requirements.
• Extract customer data and a provide analysis to create project /conveyor flow
• Work with suppliers to keep abreast of latest product developments
• Source new suppliers to bring value to systems provided
• Ability to provide designs and modification designs to standard equipment to create an in-house solution.
• Support a project from pre-sales through to completion.
• Bring fresh ideas and concepts to the business
Optional role will be considered for the right candidate:
• Product Development :
o Look to develop new products, such as robots for the intralogistics market, and how to incorporate into the companies portfolio.
o Become product manager and responsible for implementation of new products, to the business and project installation/delivery.
Starting salary package commensurate with experience but circa £35-50k + benefits including mobile phone, pension, non contributory health scheme* *after 12 months.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.