SALES ENGINEER - CONVEYORS
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Midlands company involved in providing industries throughout the UK with integrated materials handling solutions. These industries range from warehouse/ecommerce/distribution/logistics through to pharmaceutical, food and drink manufacturers handling anything from small cartons and bags up to two tonne pallets.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated sales professional with conveyor system sales experience and proven track record who is familiar with companies in the warehouse/ecommerce/distribution/logistics sectors. Understanding and knowledge of Automation and controls system integration within the logistics/warehouse environment would be preferable.
The ideal candidate, who will report to the Sales Director, will be capable of sourcing new business across the whole of the UK whilst also providing support alongside our sales team to service our existing diverse range of customers. Duties to include but not limited to:-
• Provide the company with a wider sales presence in our marketplace, responding to website and telephone enquiries.
• Provide/discuss with clients with suitable concepts and upsell value added products
• Working with the proposals team to formulate, design and cost conveyor systems/solutions
• Visits to both existing and potential customer sites around the UK
• Ability to assess site conditions pertinent to project requirements, obtain all key data and provide basic site survey to allow a proposal drawing to be prepared for the basis of a quotation.
• Preparation of detailed costings/quotations for each project
• Maintain our CRM system to maintain good on-going communications with customers and potential customers
• Provide exhibition sales presence and lead follow up
• New business development and maintaining of existing customers
• Liaise with project team post order
The following skills would be necessary for consideration for this position:-
• Familiarity with AutoCAD LT (2D mechanical layout design).
• Knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel/Word/Powerpoint)
• Full, clean, driving licence is essential.
• Good level of English/mathematics together with written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to visualise a concept and outline a solution from first sight of the clients operation.
• Knowledge of materials handling systems and bring fresh concepts to the business
• Provide presentation materials and deliver project presentations to the client, from engineer through to executive level
• Confidence in negotiating situations with clients – from engineer level up to executive level.
• Proven sales track record / ability
Starting salary package commensurate with experience but circa £40k-55K + profit related bonuses + benefits including mobile phone, pension, non contributory health scheme* and company car. *after 12 months
Home & Office Split - East Midlands
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.