CONTROLS / PROJECT MANAGER
The company are an established Systems Integrator who do work in a number of industries.
- Management of the complete lifecycle of automation projects, having a range of values up to around £750k, which will include the following tasks:
- Contract handover to Project Team
- Allocation of resource
- Progress reviews
- Facilitation of technical reviews (documents, software etc)
- Contract file review and contract close-out
- Experience of the complete project lifecycle including tendering, design and test specifications, FAT, installation, commissioning and customer documentation
- Management of various functions within the team – hardware design, software, drives applications, SCADA/HMI screens, networks etc
- Experience with contractual negotiations and maximising additional potential contract revenues
- Experience with systems which include some or all of: PLCs, drives (ac & dc), SCADA, HMIs,high level communications networks, managed switches, cyber-security etc
- General automation industry experience
- Customer-facing skills
- Collaborative and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work with customers and internal project teams to develop detailed project specifications
- Ability to develop detailed project plans using MS Project
- Ability to identify & develop potential business opportunities in conjunction with the sales team
- Good inter-personal skills - ability to motivate team members and work collaboratively with Functional Leads
- Ability to drive projects forward, ensuring timescales are met
- Commercially focussed, ensuring profitability targets are met
- Ensuring compliance with ISO9001 Quality System throughout the project lifecycle and a final check that all deliverables and internal documentation have been completed at contract close-out
- Experience in metal industries and continuous production processes
- Experience with machinery safety legislation and application (BS EN ISO13849)
- Ability to produce risk assessments for site activities
- Experience with management and maintenance of Health & Safety Systems and delivery of toolbox talks
- Experience with management and maintenance of Quality Systems
- As well as the Project Management duties described, the role would require flexibility depending on project workload
- Management and development of the H&S and Quality Systems and delivery of Toolbox Talks
- Day to day management of smaller contracts ensuring delivery to customers in a timely fashion
- Day-today management of smaller product-only contracts, ensuring that equipment is ordered and despatched to customers in a timely fashion.
- The role would suit established mid-career project managers or engineers looking to take this career path having shown previous project management potential
- The position is permanent and based in Stoke-on-Trent so the candidate would need to live nearby or be prepared to relocate
- The role will involve some spells on site during project installation and commissioning so the candidate must be comfortable with this (currently UK sites only)
- This is a key role within the company with potential to significantly influence company growth
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.