Global Supply Chain Director
The company are a global engineering group
• Proven track record in a supply chain role ideally with Group or multi-site responsibility.
• Proven warehouse management experience preferably with automated warehousing systems.
• Experience within a world class lean manufacturing environment would be ideal but not essential.
• Experience of working in high-volume industries with complex and varied products, supply chains and high SKUs.
• Possess a strategic vision, combined with the ability to be able to deal with operational issues as required.
• Background of diverse and disparate supply chain, routes to market and lead times.
• Must be able to communicate supply chain objectives clearly and convey the benefits to the organisation.
• Must be knowledgeable in planning and forecasting systems (MRP/DRP/ERP/CRM).
• Experience of M3 would be extremely valuable.
• Proficient in MS Excel and Access, SQL knowledge would be an advantage.
• Experience with analytical inventory management tools InfoLogistics or similar.
• Personal responsibility for developing strategic supply chain plans and their implementation.
• Experienced in the application and development of modern supply chain and manufacturing philosophies.
• Financial literacy and proven commercial acumen is essential as is the ability to develop and monitor budgets and other financial models as required.
• Direct experience gained in leading and driving lean supply chain efficiencies and change to drive costs down and grow profitability.
• A collaborative and communicative personal style with the ability to build and develop excellent working relationships.
• Analytical with a strong attention to detail.
• Self-confident and highly motivated, able to gain respect quickly.
• Commercially minded and able to contribute to the overall business and local operations.
• Persuasive and able to challenge conventional practices with reasoned commercial arguments.
• Capable of understanding and using modern supply chain concepts, but in a practical and pragmatic manner.
• A results driven "doer".
• Must be a team player. Possess integrity, an open style of management and a sense of humour.
• Proven ability to build and maintain rapport with stakeholders and suppliers.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform well in different cultures.
• Energy, drive and enthusiasm to achieve personal and shared objectives
• Able and willing to travel internationally (up to c30% of the time).
Main Purpose of the Role:
• To drive and develop the Group's Supply Chain and Inventory strategy to ensure parts availability whilst improving quality, cost, customer service and lead times on the supply chain.
• To enhance, streamline and improve inventory efficiencies of intercompany trading and stock holding.
• To assist with final implementations of ERP and to oversee the maintenance, use and continual improvement of ERP.
• To help provide Supply Chain vision, direction and leadership to the management and staff.
• To be responsible for the strategic performance of the supply chain including sourcing, purchasing, planning, warehousing, distribution and transport.
• To manage and develop the group 'Stock model' and embed this within the group ERP.
• Ensure adherence and compliance to the 'Stock Model'.
• Manage internal OTIF and improve to meet customer requests. This role will be the process owner for group OTIF, Leadtime and Supply Chain performance.
• To develop the Supply Chain tools and practices (Packaging, Suppliers and Integration).
• Provide effective leadership and development of the inventory, supply chain and purchasing operations across all businesses within the Group.
• De-risk the existing supply chain through dual and re-sourcing activities. Ensuring early sourcing and supplier involvement in the NPD and NPI processes.
• Manage inventory targets for all aspects of the business.
• Ensure that business plans are effectively translated into inventory, supply chain and purchasing strategies and policies to support the needs of the business.
• Ensure inventory, supply chain and purchasing business system data is accurately maintained and periodically reviewed.
• Ensure that appropriate measurement and reporting systems are in place to evaluate and continuously improve the performance of the Inventory, supply chain and purchasing operation to ensure right product, right place, right time.
• To lead, manage and co-ordinate major supply chain projects, keeping very close to key stakeholders within and outside of the Group.
• Embed "stock model" operationally
• Deliver tangible improvements to OTIF and inventory value.
• Work with ERP team to create value through optimising the investment in IT.
• To achieve supply chain and inventory targets.
• Oversee the identification and reporting on new supply chain opportunities.
• To motivate and provide clear direction to the management and staff on supply chain best practice.
£85 - 100k (Flexible) plus usual bens
Home Based, within traveling distance of London
Travel - 30% international travel including - UK, US, China plus Canada, Germany, Italy, India and Australia.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.