BU MANAGER - SENIOR BUSINESS UNIT HEAD - MACHINE TOOL
The company are a leading manufacturer of high value machinery (Large Machine Tool environment).
• Further development of the local BU and assigned market segments in an integrated manner and on a global level (in terms of engineering, sales, revenue, EBIT and market share)
• Integrated continuous development and responsible management of the BU and sales (engineering and proposal, Tech Center, cost structure, sales support) local
• Detailed definition and implementation of the strategic operatives
• Autonomous operative management including project management and after sales service
• Conceptual development, analysis and implementation of a global market structure, expertise of competition and account sales strategies, business plan in order to capitalize on existing and new market potential in close cooperation with the regions
• Definition and coordination of the strategic and operative objectives (sales revenue / order income, EBIT) for the local BU in the market segments
• Support of key accounts and regional sales channels locally and globally with the establishment of competence and sales specialists
• Formulation of marketing requirements for the relevant BU product portfolio
• Management and organization of the assigned team locally
• Responsible for contract negotiations / contract drafting with customers and cooperation partners
• Control BU with corresponding key figures (via corresponding reporting structures, Power On, business reviews ...) and initiation, as required, of corrective measures
• Decision-making powers with regard to the product portfolio of the BU for relevant market segments and expertise of competition
• Active role in determining the product portfolio
• Active role in determining the competence structures and sales support for key accounts and regional sales channels
• Decision-making powers with regard to the pricing structure within the BU
• Management competence for the region and subsidiaries
• Decision-making powers for pre/proposals engineering, execution, after sales and submission of competent quotations globally
• Decision-making powers for all matters of project management
• Personnel responsibility
• Budgetary responsibility
• Achievement of targets with regards to sales and performance indicators in business matrix, proposal and project management, execution, after sales as well to the production platform
• Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all applicable legal regulations, standards and directives
• Target agreement for FTEs locally
Particular knowledge and skills:
• Sales professional and good sense of business
• Exposure to High Value Machinery
• Sales and results-oriented, high level of decision-making competence, aptitude for planning and organization, excellent communication skills, to work well in teams, employee motivation
• High level of personal dynamism and initiative
• Situational leadership (balance between assertiveness and cooperativeness)
• Management competence/experience
£70-80K plus car
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.