DESIGN ENGINEER - HYDRAULICS
A Leader in the design, manufactur and distribution of products servicing the transport and mobile hydraulics sector.
The job holder will normally be qualified to Engineering Degree level and have 3 years relevant expe-rience. These requirements may be amended if the applicant can demonstrate that their skill and ex-perience would allow them to carry out the duties and roles of the job.
Whilst carrying out the duties, the job holder must improve his knowledge of the job function by:
- Acquiring a full knowledge of the company's CAD system (Solid Edge)
- Acquiring a full knowledge of the company's products and their applications
- Acquiring a full knowledge of the departmental and company standards and proce-dures
- Acquiring a full knowledge of the company's design procedures and standards
- Acquiring a full knowledge of the commercial aspects of the company's operations, markets and market trends
As a Design Engineer you will be able to design complex hydraulic components and take these de-signs through to manufacture.
- Principle Duties -
- To undertake responsibility as the design authority for all engineering aspects of desig-nated projects from the initial enquiry, through costing and quotation to final production and introduction.
- To undertake necessary calculations to ensure that the design meets the performance, strength and reliability requirements of the specification.
- To be responsible for the preparation of related technical documentation.
- To liaise with other departments within the company, within the group, and with suppliers and customers to ensure that all designs, drawings, standards and procedures meet the requirements of function, installation, manufacture, material and cost. This, where ap-propriate, may involve national and/or international travel. For the foreseeable future, this role will involve regular travel to a customer site in Turkey for one to 2 weeks at a time.
- To supervise and control the work undertaken by others as and when required.
- To undertake investigations following enquiries from customers and other technical divi-sional departments and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
- To supervise the design aspects of manufacturing drawings. To assist in the checking of drawings and related technical documentation as and when required.
- To supervise, check and control changes to drawings, LOP's and standards for accuracy and implication and to ensure that all company procedures are adopted for the issuing of such changes.
- To assist in the preparation of project programmes which define the activities and time-scales for the design and drafting content.
Salary depends on relevant experience.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.