SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - WAREHOUSE AUTOMATION & ROBOTICS
The company are a leader in Warehouse Automation, Robotics and Intralogistics solutions.
The Senior Business Development Manager preserves, expands, and develops relationships with the company's strategic key customers as well as drive new business developments within specific assigned market segments. The BDM will be responsible for achieving defined sales targets and assigned strategic objectives. The BDM will manage the full sales cycle, from building a close partnership with the customer to managing bids and RFP's, client presentations, and ultimately closing the contract. In every case the emphasis is on close partnership with the customer, extending from initial analysis of the underlying business processes through to total life-cycle support.
Candidates must have experience in a sales environment, managing and driving solutions based selling process. The ideal candidate will have this experience within the Material Handling System industry.
- Working the full sales cycle from identifying prospects through to generating and bringing on new business
- Developing and maintaining wide contact networks (approvers, decision makers, influencers and information sources)
- Identifying new leads
- Arrange and attend sales meetings, pitch to potential new clients, this will involve travel to customer sites across the UK
- Understanding client's operations and their current problems
- Selling our capability
- Cultivate and improve customer relationships
- Coordinate sales material, pricing strategy and proposal content
- Provide input into weekly/monthly departmental activity reports
- Selling the benefits and understanding the cost savings to provide a solution
- Qualifying sales enquiries
- Working with our engineering team to provide solutions specific to clients' requirements
- Maintain contact with potential clients and develop relationships through to sale
- Attending, exhibiting and presenting at exhibitions, conferences and other events
- The role will involve occasional travel to our European manufacturing centre and reference sites
- Candidate Criteria -
- Customer Orientation - Must provide high levels of service to internal & external customers.
- Influencing - Must be able to convince others of value of a solution or proposition. Particularly important from a sales perspective.
- Market focus - Must understand the AMH market and competitive environment
- Accountability & Ownership - Must comply with all processes and procedures and take responsibility for delivering output on time
- Adaptability - Must cope with diverse range of tasks and workplace situations.
- Planning & Organising - Has to manage own workload and deal with competing demand on resources
- Initiative - Takes decisions appropriate to the role and looks at ways of improving processes
- Teamwork - Must work with other to deliver a collective result. Sound comprehension of Finance and commercial issues
Performance and Accountability Measurements
" Achieve sales targets in designated markets
" Meet or exceed expectations for profitability
" Maintain and build relationship and customer satisfaction
" Achieve strategic objectives of key customers
- Basic Qualifications -
- Minimum five years' experience in strategic sales experience
- Demonstrated expertise in selling in a B2B environment with an extended sales cycle (12+ months) w/capital equipment
- Experience with presenting to multi-level contacts, and medium to large organizations
- PC Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Preferred Qualifications -
- Minimum ten years of sales experience in Material Handling Systems
- Background in consultative selling role in a team selling environment
- Knowledge-Skills-Abilities -
- Excellent communication and social skills, high energy and entrepreneurial spirit combined with a thorough knowledge of the Automation Industry
- Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
- Legal knowledge and contractual skills to help with contract negotiations
Negotiable basic salary depending on experience plus OTE, Car & Home office set up.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.