QUALITY ENGINEER - MECHANICAL COMPONENTS
An opportunity exists in Luton for a Quality Engineer. This position will report into the Quality Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for investigating, analysing and correcting problems in Quality, Production and Control. They will also undertake Internal & External audits and implement new strategies in support of the Quality Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably Quality orientated.
- Lead or Internal Auditor qualification is preferred but not essential
- Qualified in Six Sigma is preferred but not essential
- Be conversant with Lean Manufacturing.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize as necessary.
- Good technical analytical skills.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT Skills, i.e, Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Be able to propose improvement to make processes leaner and cost effective
- Ability to make presentations to internal & external parties.
- Possess a flexible approach in respect of the nature of the tasks carried out
- To drive continuous improvement.
- Shop-floor visibility to analyse, support and resolve day to day issues.
- To assist in external supplier approval/performance audits and Customer Audits
- To support in representing the company on Quality matters with external and internal parties.
- To monitor and follow up Quality Reporting and Review, Quality Scorecards and KPIs, and strive to align and standardise processes.
- To coordinate Customer Complaint Process
- Define yearly audit plan and submit to QM for approval
- Escalate any major findings or lack of commitment
- Manage Non conformance
- Manage selected standardised processes until they are imbedded in the business
- Actively promote Lean Manufacturing s principles
- Support and develop the Production Systems within all processes
£35-40K ( Flexible depending on experience ) plus benefits.
Northern Home Counties
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.