SITE PROJECT MANAGER-ROBOCTICS-LOGISTICS
Join an industry leader in Robotics as they embark on the creation of a new business unit. The feel is very much that of a new business start up with the added financial backing of a world leader in Engineering.
Experienced engineer with 5 - 10 years of track record of delivering complex technical/engineering projects.
Strong facilitator, negotiator and motivator.
Self-reliant and able to make decisions under pressure.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Presentable and able to interface with customers at site.
Creative thinker and problem solver.
Safe and ethical leadership attitude.
Engineering / Technical background.
Good knowledge of project management & planning tools.
1. Leadership. Leads the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provides performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
2. Planning and scheduling. Defines, jointly with line manager, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
3. Project execution and control. Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project.
Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
4. Contract, claims and procurement management. Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
5. Stakeholder relations. Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
6. Health, safety and environment (HSE) Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
7. Proposal and document management. Manages project proposals and related documentation to ensure proper version control in the document management system. Ensures project documentation is compliant with company policy, including format, receipt, registration, number, filing, recovery and the issue of documents.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.