MOBILE ACCOUNT APPLICATIONS MANAGER - DRIVES
The company are specialists in drive and control technologies.
To take accountability and responsibility for maximising sales and profitability of a range of mobile accounts, providing superior service for these accounts, in a high quality, timely, cost-effective and resource-efficient way.
Main Objectives and Tasks
1. To identify current and future trends to enhance business decision making and judgement by:
- Establishing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge and understanding of mobile hydraulic components, systems and controls, applications, tools and legal/technical/product/speciality areas.
- Developing an understanding of the company products and services, customers, competitors in the mobile hydraulic market.
- Sharing information to enable others to fulfil their role and build their understanding of the business unit sales and profit targets and objectives.
- Seeking and analysing local market intelligence and information about potential and existing customers to develop and deliver sales and profit targets and objectives.
- Sharing market intelligence to enable others to build their understanding of customers, products and competitors.
2. To contribute to the overall business unit objectives and plan by:
- Utilising knowledge, market intelligence and analysis to develop/generate sales and activity plans in line with individual and business unit sales and profit targets and objectives.
- Identifying and utilising opportunities and suggestions for improvements and sales leads to contribute to product and business development and/or sales of other company products.
- Encouraging efficiency and effectiveness, by planning effectively and managing own workload to deliver key targets, objectives and priorities.
3. To contribute to the delivery of sales and profit for the sales team through undertaking the following:
- Agreeing relevant individual/personal objectives, targets and success criteria for assigned activities and own area of work such as:
- Identifying sales potential of key targeted customer accounts, proposing technical system solutions to customers as required, through planned and regular customer contact and field visits.
- Preparing detailed quotations in SAP and agreeing specifications with manufacturing plants, ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Liaising with manufacturing plants regarding new product development to support new projects and opportunities ensuring new opportunities/projects are reported in MA Database or similar tool in line with agreed profit margins with both manufacturing plants and the customer.
- Taking responsibility for completing, following up and supporting sales, co-ordinating the activities of others to meet customer specifications. (e.g. commissioning, SOM, logistics).
- Supporting sales to Direct accounts liaising with MA Branch and Product Areas ensuring compliance to company Permanent Establishment guidelines.
- Producing and developing business information reports to support department controls and performance improvements in line with company standards and business unit reporting requirements (e.g. sales activity reports, competitor analysis).
- Ensuring timely documentation and easy and complete access of relevant data by organising and maintaining files. (e.g. customer contact details and company information and visit reporting using ICM or other appropriate business tool).
- Developing and managing customer opportunities and projects, in conjunction with other departments utilising appropriate business tools (eg MA Acceptance Procedure)
- Liaising between customer, manufacturing plants and other stakeholder with customer projects ensuring clear and open communication channels are maintained at all times, using appropriate communication tools and methods.
- Utilising and optimising all sales opportunities and leads adapting style and message as appropriate.
- Actioning all customer enquiries promptly and converting these opportunities into sales and sustainable business.
- Proactively liasing with credit control and customers ensuring payment terms are effectively managed, pre-empting payment and delivery issues.
- Undertaking debt recovery measures and activities as required.
- Networking and building high quality, business-focused relationships with current and potential customers, sales partners and suppliers, MA application branches and Product Areas and internal DCGB functions/departments, developing close working relationships as required.
- Organising and attending events and meetings, giving sales presentations to meet customer needs whenever appropriate.
- Agreeing job requirements and competencies, participating in relevant training and development and asking for support as required.
- Monitoring and sharing own progress and addressing any changes, taking corrective action as required.
- Communicating regularly with other members of the team, department and business to ensure rapid two-way flow of information and contribution to effective team working.
4. To take joint responsibility for agreed sales targets, planning and cost control by:
- Contributing to the development of department objectives and actively participating in the planning process.
- Delivering sales and profit margins in defined area(s) of responsibility.
- Developing and delivering projects and/or activities to meet these sales targets'.
- Monitoring progress and addressing any changes.
- Ensuring quality standards and customer requirements are met.
5. To ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of financial and physical resources by:
- Maximising the use and sharing of resources and identifying and eliminating waste.
- Contributing to the setting of standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that systems, policies, procedures and work standards fit with and/or enhance others used in the business.
- Balancing cost/risk vs. benefit when specifying or recommending any changes.
£40-45k depending on experience plus package.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.