TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER - OFF HIGHWAY VEHICLES
JOB PURPOSE Under the direction of the Sales Manager to be responsible for sales of Valve products throughout the UK and Europe.
Higher level technical qualification preferably in Mechanical Engineering - Experience in technical sales in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive or off-highway supplier - Success in acquiring new customers and growing business at existing customers-
-Education / Professional Education-
· ONC in Mechanical Engineering
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Technical Degree.
· Business Degree.
General Skills and Experience
· 5 years experience in sales management.
· 5 years progressive experience in Sales Management.
· Experience of working for fan production business, cooling pack manufacturers, power generators or off road vehicle producers.
Specific Skills and knowledge
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and presentation skills as well as excellent writing skills and an aptitude for producing reports.
· Good team working skills and the ability to work effectively with staff at different levels of the organisation.
· Strong sales record.
· Have an innovative and analytical approach to complex problems and the ability to identify, through comprehension of the bigger picture, practical options and solutions.
· Takes personal responsibility for own development and stays informed of latest developments and changes in own field.
· Good IT Skills.
· Self-motivating approach to
achieve both business
objectives and personal success.
· Demonstrates good organizational skills through the ability to set objectives and prioritise workload.
· Results orientated, driven through work ethics and commitment to the role.
· Sense of urgency.
· Motivates and encourages others to achieve targets and works towards common goals.
· Ability to work and comply with company policies, procedures and audit requirements.
· Must be able to travel extensively for work throughout the UK, Europe and Japan. Up to 80% of working hours will be out of the office.
· Previous experience of traveling and selling abroad.
- Establish, maintain and improve customer relationships to cost effectively and profitably sell products across Europe.
- To liaise with customers and representatives at their locations, through telephone and correspondence to maintain effective relations; to conduct sales and product meetings and promote sales of products.
- Oversee new account acquisition and current account development.
- Ensure that the best interests of the company are consistently promoted through attendance at trade shows, association meetings, social functions and calling on prospective customers.
- Investigate complaints and product concerns and works with appropriate company departments to ensure corrective action. Must have close association, communication and mutual respect with engineering, QC, manufacturing and senior management to this regard.
- Research of industry / competitor activities and new product developments and initiates and assists in generating responses to those findings.
- Prepare quotations process for customers.
- Assist in collection of overdue accounts receivable.
- Assist in supplying input to Marketing to help them in developing marketing, advertising, promotion and trade show planning.
- Establish effective communication network between customer and company concerning forecast and purchase order requirements.
- Prepare sales forecast information for assigned customers.
- Conducts business in accordance with company practices and policies in order to promote public image.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably be required to commensurate with the role.
£45,000 plus package.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.