PRODUCTION IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER - POWER DISTRIBUTION
Working with an industry leader
Previous experience as a Production Engineer.
Green belt or extensive experience of lean tools and techniques including DMAIC, FMEA, 5S, TPM, Value Stream mapping, 8 wastes, 8D, SMED, OEE and JIT
Able to train teams on technical issues.
Able to generate build instructions.
Experience of conducting time & motion studies
Able to carry out Production Engineering tasks without supervision
Can problem solve to a high level
High level of attention to detail.
Shows Leadership and has gravitas within the team
Knowledge of and experience of using ERP
Knowledge of drawing systems
Has a can do attitude and inspires others through own positive attitude, energy and passion
Strives to fulfil commitments to others
Open and honest communication style
Can make difficult decisions when required to do so.
Knows when to escalate issues and problems
Identifies problems and obstacles before they occur and acts to minimise or avoid the affect
Can influence others to achieve objectives
Worked in Blue Chip, global Manufacturing Company with a Lean Six Sigma culture.
Very good computer skills including use of Microsoft office, word excel, power point.
Degree in Production Engineering or similar
Potential to Manage Lean Projects or Kaizen events
Knowledge, awareness and ability to support compliance with HSAWA particularly, LOLER, PUWER and COSHH regulations
" Experience of using Visio
1. Provide technical support to all LTH manufacturing and assembly processes including identifying new tool and jig requirements.
2. Work with the Production Engineering & Facilities Manager and wider Operations team to design manufacturing cells and work with the production team for a successful implementation.
3. Discover, investigate, recommend and implement new manufacturing processes and technologies.
4. Work with production teams to develop Local build Instructions and other manufacturing documentation and ensure they are maintained.
5. Cost new / existing products for material usage and standard labour.
6. Identify bottlenecks and other opportunities to reduce cycle time and improve effectiveness using Lean Six Sigma tools
7. Work with the manufacturing teams to simplify component assembly and manufacturer.
8. Identify cost saving opportunities using Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools.
9. Characterise processes using DOE and other tools identifying key variables and ensure they are controlled for consistent manufacturer.
10. Implement SPC, sampling and CPK analysis to ensure process capability meets requirements.
11. Raise ECR's and action ECN's as required in terms of manufacturing engineering responsibilities, build procedures or tooling mods.
12. Further establish and maintain the TPM process.
13. Support, train on and facilitate Lean Six Sigma activities providing engineering resource for Kaizen and Lean Projects.
14. Develop FMEA's for all processes identifying the critical process inputs and RPN scores.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.