ENGINEERING MANAGER - OIL & GAS
A vacancy has become available for an Engineering Manager, ETO. The Engineer to Order (ETO) Manager is responsible for the engineering team that delivers customer specific solutions based on EMS existing platforms. The ETO team satisfies customer needs with specific product variations and provides post-sales support. The ETO Manager is responsible for the delivery of the specification, design, legislative compliance and assembly of Non Standard applications of EMS. They are accountable for the financial and service performance of the ETO team.
Manage a large and diverse team of specialists to deliver customer specific Platform developments.
- Ensure that designed products meet their performance, prime and timescale objectives as defined by the approved engineering specifications.
- To manage multiple ETO activities while also ensuring that customer application support, FRACAS and PI resolution receive the necessary focus.
- Plan resources to enable accurate timescales and commit dates for new requirements.
- Communication with the BU Product management group and the 9 Customer Centres to ensure their needs are clearly understood and met.
- Ensure safety practices, procedures, processes, guidelines and document standards are followed and that proof is demonstrated by audit (KPIs)
- Ensure Non Standard EGM products meet the required 3rd party national and organisational standards, and that compliance requirements are reviewed annually to ensure any change in the requirement is met.
- Ensure and encourage the full use of patent protection when appropriate.
- Forge close links with Core Technology, NPI Engineering, Operations, Technical Support Group and Service to ensure that ETO products are successfully installed and commissioned
- Ensure delivery of information to allow the creation of operating manuals, maintenance manuals, upgrade instructions and ensure required translations are delivered.
- Be an effective line manager. Set clear and specific objectives, council performance, PPDR, career development, recruitment.
- Coach and mentor the individuals within team to grow the capability of the team.
- Keep ETO shipments on time to committed promise dates and within projected costs including recovered engineering time.
The ETO Manager is responsible for managing the following functions:
- Technical Review and Engineering Specification of ETO projects
- Management of the project resource to meet the customer committed production plan
- Co-ordination of the ETO resources
- Production of specific P&IDs to describe the product variant
- Product design
- Component selection
- Undertaking ETO safety reviews and other product related safety studies
- TCF documentation for ETOs
- Bills of Materials
- Co-ordination with all aspects of factory activity as part of ETO manufacturing.
- Product Compliance to International and Health & Safety standards
- Operations support as required
- Support for field service, technical support and customer account management
Ability to continually maintain an overview of the work schedule and to look ahead while discussing detail with individuals.
- Focus on cost, quality and timescale objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure, understand priorities and highlight resource gaps in advance to allow recovery or commercial management.
- Able to harness the skills of others to solve problems and to identify gaps in the team's ability to meet the project needs.
- Diplomacy, commercial sensitivity
- Ability to form partnerships with Managers and team members.
- Good review technique
- Ability to make things happen at all levels as he/she sees the need by communicating, elevating, facilitating.
- Effective communication, the ability to understand the product/ business and clarity of vision.
- Able to maintain a positive, pro-active attitude in the face of adversity.
- To be able to think laterally and to encourage others to do the same.
Please ask for more details.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.