DESIGN ENGINEER - VALVES
The world leader in the precision manufacture of valves and fittings for the transportation of bulk liquids in the tank container, road tanker and rail industries.
The Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of new products, from concept to final approval. Technically supporting customers and the manufacturing base, this role will analyse existing products and identify areas to improve product design and reduce costs.
-Experienced in manufacturing engineering and familiar with the Machinery Directive.
- Previous solid experience of designing/manufacturing equipment.
- Experience with 3D Pro-engineer CAD package.
- Excellent knowledge of design manufacturing methods and processes to recognised nuclear standards.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance to create designs that meet with environmental regulations.
- Commercial awareness and project management skills.
- Previous experience dealing directly with customers, preparing technical specifications and presenting proposals.
- To have a good understanding of the materials and limitations of the material used in construction.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to produce detailed design calculations.
- Ability to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of design methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Proficient in FE analysis.
Design and optimisation of mechanical components for the industry.
To ensure designs are accurate and conform to the required design codes (EN14025, EN13445, PD5500, ASME) and customer specifications.
To attain a good working knowledge of the codes relating to the industry for which the design are to be utilised.
To project manage new design from concept design through testing and approvals to market.
To contribute to the continual product development.
To produce details drawings of designs and publish to company intranet.
To check detail designs from colleagues prior to publication of drawings.
Analysis of mechanical systems, including analysis for structural, fatigue, thermal, vibration and acoustics.
To effectively and efficiently work with Pro-engineer. CAD package
To perform stress and strain calculations to recognised formulae and clearly layout workings within MathCAD to allow colleagues to interpret and validate design.
To effectively utilize the company MRP system and intranet system.
To develop a knowledge of the company's current products and part number systems.
To produce accurate high quality of design output with minimal errors.
To build good working relationships with other departments
To build a good working relationships with customers.
To understand the working concepts of the relevant industries.
To develop new manufacturing methods and to utilise new technologies where appropriate.
To perform modifications to existing designs and drawing where necessary.
Confer with design engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions and provide technical information.
Research and analyse customer design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
The company is offering an attractive basic plus package.
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.