SYSTEMS ENGINEERING MANAGER - PUMPS
The world's leading manufacturer of vacuum pumps and abatement systems for the chemical & process, semi-conductor and power generation industries.
The Systems Engineering Manager will be directly responsible for leading the proactive development and adaptation of new and existing Vacuum and Abatement Systems across the General Vacuum division. With the strong possibility of further development within The Company as the company continues to grow, the Manager will ensure the General Vacuum Division is able to respond to shifting client demands and adopt their technology for the future.
Likely candidates will be technical specialists, with ideally a degree in engineering or science and strong understanding of process engineering and technology, including vacuum technology and removal of gases.
- Define and manage technical development projects for complex industrial vacuum systems (which may include abatement technologies) in collaboration with product marketing managers.
- Develop engineering team(s) (5 - 10 engineers) to follow new product introduction (NPI) methods for "standard" products that anticipate customer expectations.
- Encourage innovation.
- Work with systems concepts group, applications teams and core technology groups to identify opportunities for innovation.
Work with controls group to develop appropriate controls products.
- Be the delegated technical authority for systems in scope.
Provide technical support to field and factory until agreed handover to technical support group.
Likely they will be working with a competitor, as defined by a supplier of vacuum technologies to industrial OEMs (non semi-conductor).
However, they could also be working within an industrial type process operator/manufacturer in either a specialised operational support role or sit centrally providing specialist process technology to an organisation(s).
Wide industrial knowledge would be useful, particularly relating to the design and engineering of vacuum type technologies although experience of one or ideally combination of the following:
- Chemical heavy/process production
- Pharmaceutical manufacture
- Petrochem (downstream oil/gas)
- Metals processing/metallurgy ideally removing impurities
- A Problem solver able to think laterally and improve upon existing technology
- Excited by technology
- A strong communicator. The right candidate must be able to visualise complex strategies and communicate these across the organisation and team
- Confident engaging with Sales, Engineering and Factory Teams.
- Credible when engaging and working with clients.
- Hard working
- Entirely credible commercial acumen supported by technological understanding or, ideally, expertise.
- Strong communicator (in all forms)and persuasive
The Company are offering an excellent basic salary with package. ( Depending on experience )
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.