APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - TURBO-MACHINERY
Our client is a leading manufacturer of packaged turbo-machinery (gas & steam turbines) for the global oil & gas and power generation markets.
Strong Engineering background (Degree / HND / HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering). Ability to manage high value contracts. Experience within the rotating machinery / turbo-machinery sectors. Tender and quotation preparation (Turnkey) Project costing. Ability to liaise with 3rd party suppliers.
1. Turnkey Tender and Quotation preparation - prepare quotations for submission to Clients.
2. Project costing - responsible for the preparation of costings associated with a quotation. This may involve liaison with sub-suppliers to provide project specific costs and/or the selection of standard equipment from sub-supplier data.
3. Quotation evaluation - direct liaison with clients in response to questions and queries relating to quotations. This may involve attending evaluation meetings at Client's premises, or costing alternative solutions and changes in specification and scope of supply.
4. Handover of projects - on the successful outcome of the quotation procedure and the acceptance of the client's purchase order, compile all relevant documentation for handover of the project to the Projects Department. You will attend the handover meeting, at which a verbal overview of the project history is given by either the Applications engineer or Sales Specialist.
5. Client information - be responsible for supplying Clients or Agents with technical and commercial details of the Company's product and services while liaising with sub-suppliers to obtain the required information.
Excellent basic salary plus package including Pension & Healthcare
There are no specialist Health & Safety issues related to this role.
Permanent (unless otherwise stated in the job title above).
Please complete the red "Apply for this job now" form and upload your CV. Our system then sends an e-mail to the specific individuals at Wynne Consulting who are working on this job.
Make your friends or colleagues aware of this job if you feel it would be of interest. E-mail them a link to this web page or ask them to call us on 03707 52 00 25 quoting the Job Reference Number.
To apply for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Wynne Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.